Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Escapade.

During our lunch-time walk today [Maddy] decided she'd like to venture into the woods near the complex. We made it in about 30 feet and she tangled the leash around a some thorny branches. I held her collar and removed the leash just in time to loose my footing on some mud [it was raining, and I was wearing flip-flops]. So... the collar slipped away and she took a few steps, a few more, and by the time I looked up, she was trotting happily, sniffing, pawing around, and generally looking very happy with herself.

She took me over a mile or so of dense, hilly, muddy woods before we came to the back fence of some local plant. I tried to play like I didn't want to catch her, and after a while, I grabbed her collar and marched her home, -- although I found it's hard to walk like you really mean it in flip-flops.

I'm not SO mad, mostly because she was accident free today. Also, I was sitting on the floor rubbing her head and she was doing something between purring and snoring-- pretty funny.

Tuesday has been very fussy since Maddy got here-- even fussier than usual.

No comments: