Monday, September 15, 2008

Ruh-roh.

[Maddy] hasn't been feeling well-- she's used to eating a special prescription food [Science Diet Wet Food ID to be exact] and I haven't been able to get my hands on it. The vet's office said they would have it in stock on Wednesday, and that I'd need a referral from the Humane Society. It's rather hard to take her seriously-- after a 30-second conversation, I decided she may not have finished high school.

Anyway, over my lunch I bought this, hoping to avoid a steam cleaning of the whole apartment. This ended up being a 2 hour lunch, including the 30 minutes walk we took. She didn't use the bathroom, I'm sure she's saving it until I go back to work.

I'll have to report back about how it turns out.

It seems to be working... I left it going, and the poor pup is stuck in the bathroom until this evening... she cannot be trusted until her tummy is all fixed up.

BTW: it smells like 25 baby diapers were turned upside down in my living room, I turned off the AC to so I could ventilate the place. When I come home, I predict it will smell the same, only hotter. I feel bad leaving her in the bathroom, but hey-- what's a girl to do?

Good thing she's cute.

I'm also still in need of name ideas for her: so far I like Tandem-- because she's literally going to go almost everywhere I do. Too bad 'Poopers' is Dash's nickname-- she's on a roll.

Any suggestions?

No comments: